Our Story

How it all started...

Under a tent, back in 1910, the first Holiness meeting in Walton County was held in Monroe, Georgia.  The Oak Grove Fire-Baptized Holiness Church (present day Jersey Holiness Church) was organized in the home of Hamp Brooks in August of 1910.




A brush arbor meeting was held the summer of 1911 at John Byrd's home place.  This was only a little over a mile from the present day Jersey Holiness Church.

The  delegate to the convention in 1919 was Arthur Johnson, Sr.

In  1929, the name was changed from Oak Grove Pentecostal Fire-Baptized Holiness  Church to Jersey Pentecostal Fire-Baptized Holiness Church.

In 1939, the first burial took place in the Jersey Holiness Church Cemetery.

In  1940, Jersey started having Sunday School.

In 1954, Bro. Arthur Johnson, Jr. started a radio broadcast that continues to this present day.

In 1958, three lots were obtained, one of which was donated by owners Billy and Lucy Barrett. The second church was built.

In 1966, the church began publishing a weekly news bulletin. Several hundred of these were mailed out weekly across the country.
In 1967, the church parsonage was built.

In 1970, the first parking area was paved.

In 1973, the church decided to have an annual Fellowship meeting. The first meeting was held in December.  The food was cooked under a National Guard tent and served in the basement of the church.  It was held around Thanksgiving until it was discontinued in 2005.
In 1973, the Jersey Pentecostal Fire-Baptized Holiness Church withdrew from the Pentecostal Fire-Baptized Conference, and the name was changed to Jersey Holiness Church.

1974 became a very productive year.  It was in that year that ten acres of land was purchased from Mr. Garland Peters.  The sanctuary was expanded, upstairs bathrooms, the pastor’s study built, and carpet installed. In June, the dining hall and bathhouse were built.  It was then that Jersey decided to have an annual Campmeeting in addition to the Fellowship Meeting.  This meeting continues to be held mid-summer, near the Fourth of July.

In 1976, the first dorm was built, padded pews were installed in the old sanctuary, 1st RV hookups were installed, faux stained glass windows were installed, and the Voice of Youth paper started.

In 1979, organ and Leslie speakers were purchased, and
the print shop was built.

In 1981, Jersey Christian School was built.

In 1986, the two-story dorm was built.

In 1988, a steeple was set on the old church.

In 1993, there was a ground breaking for the new church.
The new sanctuary was finished in 1995.  The church van was purchased in 1996, and the bus was purchased in 2002.  In 2002, a flag pole and Veterans Memorial were placed at the church.
In 2007, the House of Hope was started.

Be a part of our story...

Join us every Sunday & Wednesday as we gather to worship.
Sunday School 10:00 am 
Sunday Morning Worship 11:00 am
Sunday Evening Service 6:00 pm
Wednesday Evening Service 7:30 pm